What are cookies?
What do PoiStory's cookies are needed for?
- to recognize you every time you get back to the website and avoid you to re-login, if you want it;
- to recognize you (once you login) and remember your settings to make your experience with PoiStory as you want it to be.
We don't perform profilation of you and other users, and we don't perform an automatic personalization of your experience.
Do I receive cookies by othe services (e.g. Facebook, Google, ..) while using PoiStory?
Yes, you do. Every website that uses Google Analytics and/or any other social buttons
sends some cookies to your browser.
PoiStory uses the following cookies for these particular reasons:
You'll receive Google cookies because we use:
- GoogleAnalytics to understand in anonymous form how people use PoiStory and improve our user experience;
- the GoogleMaps API to let you explore PoiStory's contents on a map, to help you inserting new Places and, if you allow it, recognize your geographic position;
- GooglePlus API to let you share PoiStory's contents on Google Plus.
You'll receive Facebook cookies because we use Facebook API to:
- let you login to PoiStory via Facebook;
- let you access your Facebook pictures (only if you are registered on PoiStory and if you allow our Facebook App to access those pictures);
- let you share PoiStory's contents on Facebook.
You'll receive Instagram cookies because we use Instagram API to:
- let you login to PoiStory via Instagram;
- let you access your Instagram pictures (only if you are registered on PoiStory and if you allow our Instagram App to access those pictures);
You'll receive Twitter cookies because we use Twitter API to:
- let you login to PoiStory via Twitter;
- let you share PoiStory's contents on Twitter.